On Thursday, US stocks rallied following comments from Atlanta Federal Reserve President Raphael Bostic about his preferred path of interest rate hikes for the central bank. The Dow Jones Industrial Average increased by 1.05 percent, the S&P 500 rose by 0.76 percent, and the Nasdaq Composite gained 0.73 percent.
On Friday, Asia-Pacific markets followed the gains on Wall Street, with the Nikkei 225 rising by 0.73 percent and the Topix up by 0.52 percent. Japan's unemployment rate in January was reported at 2.4 percent, the lowest level since February 2020. The S&P/ASX 200 in Australia rose by 0.30 percent, and the Kospi in South Korea gained 0.22 percent.
The trends in the SGX Nifty indicate a gap-up opening for the broader index in India, with a gain of 109 points. The Nifty futures were trading around 17,464 levels on the Singaporean exchange. This suggests a positive start for the Indian stock market on the trading day, with potential for gains in the benchmark Nifty 50 index. However, it's important to note that these trends are subject to change based on various factors such as global economic and political developments, corporate earnings, and domestic economic indicators.
1. Zostel OYO case
2. CNG dealers in Gujarat on strike from March 3: ToI
3. Japan Foreign Minister To Visit India On March 3 To Attend Quad Meet: Agencies
4. Punjab Budget Session to begin with governor’s address on March 3: ToI
5. Defence Minister likely to unveil IAF Heritage Centre on March 3: Agencies
OIL & GAS UPDATES:
1. Brent Crude at $84.75/bbl Vs $84.4/bbl
2. Singapore GRM at $7.33/bbl Vs $7.8/bbl
3. Asia Spot Gas prices at $14.58/mmBtu Vs $14.5/mmBtu
1. FIIs net BOUGHT Rs 12770.81 cr worth shares on March 2 (prov)
2. DIIs net BOUGHT Rs 2128.8cr worth shares on March 2
FII F&O CASH DATA:
1. Index futures net sell Rs 532 cr
2. Index options net buy Rs 18252 cr
3. Stock futures net sell Rs 2581 cr
4. Stock options net sell Rs 124 cr
F&O BAN: Nil
Thank you, have a great Trading Day ahead!!!
|COPPER 23SEP FUT||+0.61 %||+11000.00|
|CRUDEOIL 23OCT 7400 PE||+8.59 %||+1700.00|
|BANKNIFTY 23SEP 45000 PE||+58.73 %||+5550.00|